RIP My Tracks
Google has announced that the fitness tracking app My Tracks will be shut down on April 30th 2016 in order to better focus their resources on “more wide reaching mapping projects“. The announcement page also contains instructions on how to export your fitness data. Although the app will no longer be available after April 30th, you will still be able to export your data. So if you’re a My Tracks user, it’s time to check out some of the other options available for tracking your morning run.
A few apps you may be interested in
- Strava Running and Cycling GPS
- Runtastic Running & Fitness
- Google Fit- Fitness Tracking
- Zombies, Run! (Could be fun to gamify your run)
- Endomondo- Running & Walking